South West Riders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South west riders motorbike club

+7
Bramsy
Special K
Jayson
AxeBusa
GenocidE
mattpack
Crimson
11 posters

How much did you spend on your first bike?

Crimson
    Crimson
    Admin

How much did you spend on your first bike? Empty How much did you spend on your first bike?

Post  Crimson 26/02/10, 03:47 pm

How much did you spend on your first bike?
    and what was it?

gogogogo
    mattpack
    mattpack

How much did you spend on your first bike? Empty Re: How much did you spend on your first bike?

Post  mattpack 26/02/10, 05:04 pm

1st registered bike when i got my L's was a 1983 XR350 $800. Faarkin loved it. Lost count how many times i dropped it. Great bike to learn on and learn about bikes in general. Got a good 2yrs out of it and sold it for $500. The best $300 i ever spent.
    GenocidE
    GenocidE

How much did you spend on your first bike? Empty Re: How much did you spend on your first bike?

Post  GenocidE 26/02/10, 05:19 pm

GSX250 i think was like $1200 but it died shortly after. Next was CBR250r i think i paid $4500 was awsome bike untill i wrote it off!
    AxeBusa

Post  AxeBusa 26/02/10, 07:00 pm

Crimson wrote:How much did you spend on your first bike?
    and what was it?

gogogogo

I had a Honda 50cc scooter, and then a Gelira Runner 180cc scoter (that was really quick for a scoter)

But first bike was a Honda CBR250 RR Baby Blade...
    Was orsum, paid 8k for it and had a mate come very close to writing it off... no insurance so it was dodged up and traded in on a car...

Then a 2000 Busa- Stock....

Then a 2006 Busa stock...
    + Exhaust and Power comander
    then +hight compression pistons and sick cams
    then + full custom turbo kit....
    then ... Broken... fixing it now.

Also 2007 CBR 1000 RR Blade
    and 2008 B King.

Now 2009 Gold and Black Busa.....and turbo '06 coming back soon.
    Jayson
    Jayson
    Admin

Post  Jayson 26/02/10, 07:13 pm

hyoshlong "06" (hyosung) GT250R cost 5k was great cause its same size as a 600 so when i went to my gsxr 600 i didnt have to realy learn a different style to ride unlike those skittle bikes no offence to ppl ( ninjas ) they are like sitting on a school chair

Last edited by Jayson on 27/02/10, 04:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Special K
    Special K

Post  Special K 26/02/10, 09:25 pm

I spent $6500 on my '10 Hyosung GT250 Naked in december.
    Once i've paid it off i'm gonna get a big bike.

I can get my open license as of a month ago.
    Hopefully won't be too long til i can get a big bike...

I want a CBR600F3
    Bramsy
    Bramsy

Post  Bramsy 27/02/10, 02:46 pm

I spent $7490 on a new ninja. I know jason doesnt like em but what you gotta remember jason is your a much bigger bloke than me and the ninja suits my size really well. Also being new to bikes I like more of an upright position while learning as its similar to the bike I learnt on. Having said that Im bored shitless of it now and cant wait til december to get my open class.
    Sh1N3y
    Sh1N3y

Post  Sh1N3y 27/02/10, 02:50 pm

Go with what you feel comfortable with Brams.

First bike i actually bought was my 06 Hyo GT250R for $4990

Next was my ZX10 for $9000
    xsnoiz

Post  xsnoiz 27/02/10, 04:21 pm

75 CB360 for $500, hell of alot of fun. Then the F3
    theoneguy17

Post  theoneguy17 01/03/10, 06:28 pm

My first bike was a suzuki GN250 for $800. Only rode it once though, and that was on my L's.
    I was kinda side tracked for the next couple of years, until I got off my ass and bought a KLX250 for $5000. In hind sight I should've bought a "proper" trail bike like a CRF-X or a EXC because the KLX was slow, heavy, slow, handled like a bucket of crap and most importantly, SLOW!
    Got sick of that three months later and bought a rather tatty looking WR-F 426. That bike taught me alot of skill and respect. It was, and still is, a better bike than me. Unfortanetly, it needs a gearbox rebuild now, and has been under a bike cover since I bought my "roadie".
    So I consider that old WR to be my first real bike, as I believe the others were overglorified pushbikes. Oh yeah, the WR cost me $3300....
    Cee4
    Cee4

Post  Cee4 01/03/10, 07:26 pm

Suzuki TS 185 ER. $650 NZD. A small yellow coloured pile of complete shit. Parked it outside school and nearly every bloody day the dam thing wouldnt kick over much to the delight to all watching. Its left emotional scars, deep deep scars... back in Nam, 71, second Tour, Da Nang, Rainy Season, Charlie was on the wire...
    Yeah, sooooo, Spent most of the time on its side with me under it. Why do you so extra soft newbie P & L platers say I hear? I lived in Queenstown, 2500 feet up. Snow, Ice, Rain, Black Ice(invisible on the road), garvel, avalanches, YES I ridden over one,after the effect. Slips,rivers, marshes, shit anything thats related to being cold wet & horozintal. Then to top it off in summer you got melting tar @ 32C, so yeah, Ive spent most of my learning sliding over the above on a yellow coloured underpowered embarassing sled of death.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/04/24, 09:53 am