South West Riders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South west riders motorbike club

5 posters

is octain booster safe for bikes?

Jayson
    Jayson
    Admin

is octain booster safe for bikes? Empty is octain booster safe for bikes?

Post  Jayson 24/02/10, 02:15 pm

got some octain booster at home from when i use to drive my car round.. so now that is hasnt been driven in like 6 months thinking bout using the octain booster for the bike is this a no no or a go go ????
    mattpack
    mattpack

is octain booster safe for bikes? Empty Re: is octain booster safe for bikes?

Post  mattpack 24/02/10, 02:27 pm

Hmmm, not sure. I personally wouldnt use it, i think bikes are designed to run a certain octane. You might run the risk of burning holes in pistons. Axe might know a bit more about it with his turbo busa?
    xsnoiz

Post  xsnoiz 24/02/10, 04:19 pm

What bike do you ride Jayson? You probably wouldn't notice it, given that to get any extra power from a higher octane fuel, you'll need to adjust timing or compression to suit. It'd take more than a couple of tank full for the bike to learn if it is programmable. All you'd really do is possibly decrease the risk of detonation, but running a decent premium fuel would do the same thing. Not worth the hassle IMO
    theoneguy17

Post  theoneguy17 24/02/10, 04:21 pm

I wouldn't think you'd need it with 98RON fuel, shouldn't hurt it though. It's generally to lower octane that does the damage, though most factory bike's EFI systems would retard the ignition to compensate. However, if you can't feel it detonating, you shouldn't need it.
    Jayson
    Jayson
    Admin

Post  Jayson 24/02/10, 07:05 pm

cheers for the help guys guess ill jsut slam it all in the lancer and go out for a lil fun before i wash and sell it Very Happy anyone got a video camera hahahahah
    Sh1N3y
    Sh1N3y

Post  Sh1N3y 25/02/10, 06:38 am

Woa... wait a minute... you owned a Hyo... AND a Lancer.... lol! lol! lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content