South West Riders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South west riders motorbike club

5 posters

Track days

GenocidE
    GenocidE

Track days Empty Track days

Post  GenocidE 03/03/10, 08:13 am

I would love to do a track day so i was thinking it might be a good idea to get a small gorup of us to book on same day and turn it into a group ride there and back!
    http://www.trakdayz.com.au/shop/categories/
    All we have to do is pick a date that suits everyone Very Happy
    mattpack
    mattpack

Track days Empty Re: Track days

Post  mattpack 03/03/10, 08:34 am

Definatly keen, have you had a look into race craft. Apparently they have a good, well priced set up. I think minimum apparel is leathers. Used to be draggins but may have changed?
    GenocidE
    GenocidE

Post  GenocidE 03/03/10, 08:36 am

I dont know enouth about them to know which is best but i would be happy with any, is race craft different company? I might need to invest in some pants at some stage.

Edit: http://www.mcrcwa.com.au/
    theoneguy17

Post  theoneguy17 03/03/10, 10:43 am

YES! I think I'd probably do a class, there is still alot I need to learn about riding quick. I'm quite certain you need 1 piece leathers at a track day though, and a few other preps on your bike (Genocides link shows that stuff).
    Cee4
    Cee4

Post  Cee4 05/03/10, 04:28 pm

Im in, buy remember if ya havent done a stage one course ya have to!! I have info here for Racecraft trackdays only
    Full Leathers or Two Piece, but must zip together; full face helmet; leather boots that cover pants, wrist length, (gauntlet) gloves, Back protectors are recomended

RAC also run courses on a short course. They require motorcycle gear that "covers the body" Which means Draggin Jeans and possibly even plain Jeans are ok, & street fighter/cross over gloves are good too for stage one.
    I have booked into a RAC course already, bout three weeks ago. positions go FAST. My course is on 4th April!!

Dont forget Trackdayz, dunno their min dress standard but.
    AxeBusa

Post  AxeBusa 06/03/10, 04:54 pm

mattpack wrote:Definatly keen, have you had a look into race craft. Apparently they have a good, well priced set up. I think minimum apparel is leathers. Used to be draggins but may have changed?

Hay I actually go to the TrakdayZ ride days fairly regally....

Groups 1 and 2 min standard is Kevlar jeans, armored jacket, inclosed boots and gloves and helmet.
    Groups 3 and 3 is full leathers.

I'm pretty much booked into all the dates for the rest of ther year.. so et me know, would be good to catch up with some of you guys..

Ash.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 28/04/24, 03:18 am