South West Riders

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South west riders motorbike club

3 posters

overheating!!!

Jayson
    Jayson
    Admin

overheating!!! Empty overheating!!!

Post  Jayson 28/02/10, 05:08 pm

Ok so i know as soon as craig gets on here he is going to flame this but anyways my bike gets kinda hot when riding round under 120km/h so my question is at what temp should i be worried and at what temp will the bike actualy cut out blow up or melt...dont want my bike to look like that pic mattpack put up of the icecream truck Sad
    Sh1N3y
    Sh1N3y

overheating!!! Empty Re: overheating!!!

Post  Sh1N3y 28/02/10, 08:51 pm

Will vary from bike to bike. Cruising around town my ZX will sit around 160F (70c). Hot days it gets up to 200F (93c) if im sitting in traffic alot. If you find yourself sat at a set of lights just switch the bike off then on so you can just hit the switch and go.
    Cee4
    Cee4

Post  Cee4 05/03/10, 05:06 pm

Yeah, Matt, know how ya feel. Spoke to my Ducati Mechanic, any continued heat beyond 100 C will be 'rather expensive' but he was referring to a popular brand of exotic bikes that overheat if a torch get shone on them. Both yours and my bikes where meant for one thing & one thing only... winning races. So they work dardy when your ass up & head down doing well over the limit.
    Think Jap bikes should be good for 120C in short bursts with fresh & regular fluids. Your idea of an extra fan is the go, even if it 'moves' the heat around the engine while stopped, at least its moving the heat & not roasting your pride n joy. Twins suffer from overheating, rear cylinder thing. Extra fan on mine drops 5 C waiting @ lights on avearge if thats any good news.
    Remember the 3 cylinder 250cc Hondas? They roasted their 3rd cylinder due to the position behind the two. A complete lack of air & internal cooling design. Went like a shower but.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 06/05/24, 11:36 pm